Gone are the days when you’d have to look for a specific type of projector to work with a specific type of computer in a specific location to carry out a presentation on PowerPoint. Nowadays, you can carry a projector in your backpack and make a presentation whenever you feel like it.
The best portable projector for PowerPoint presentations needs to have the right level of brightness, image sharpness, image range (width), sound and other aspects. Best of all, it needs to be portable enough to carry around without issues.
7 Best Portable Projectors for PowerPoint Presentations
The best portable projectors for your PowerPoint presentations are as follows:
1. VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P LED Projector
First up is the VANKYO V600 LED projector with native 1080p resolution. Measuring 15.35 by 15.35 by 5.9 inches (L x W x H) and weighing in at 8.3 pounds, this is a small and sizable projector which can fit in most backpacks. It natively produces images at a resolution of 1980*1080 and contrast ratio of 5000:1 which is very crisp and vivid. This is 3 times sharper than what 720p projectors produce.
You can use it in well-lit conditions but will still have clear images and videos as it produces 80% more light than comparable projectors. With an image size 300” in size, you can use it to make a presentation to a very large crowd and everyone will be comfortable even those at the back.
It outdoes its alternatives with the built-in speaker which helps you run video presentations without the need for external speakers. If you need larger sound than it produces, you can connect speakers with added audio out port. Other ports include 2 HDMI, 1 AVI, 1 USB 2.0, 1 VGA, and an SD card slot.
With this projector, you get long-lasting lamps which can last up to 10 years with daily use of up to 3 hours for up to 50000 hours of use. If you’re not satisfied with the projector, you get 3 months to return it and get a full refund. You also get 3 years of free repair service, technical support and customer service from the firm. You don’t get deals like this every day.
- Native 1080p full HD resolution and 5000:1 contrast ratio.
- Weighs 8.3 pounds only.
- Measures 15.35 by 15.35 by 5.9 inches (L x W x H).
- 80% brighter than similar projectors.
- Screen size between 50 and 300 inches large.
- Lamps last for at least 10 years with a daily use of up to 3 hours for a total of 5000 hours.
- Ports include 2 HDMI, 1 AVI, 1 USB 2.0, 1 VGA, 1 audio OUT and SD card slot
- Built-in speakers.
- 3 months return and 3 years free professional support.
- Can be put on the table or hanged from the ceiling.
- The speakers could be louder.
This is the ultimate all-in-one for those seeking to make PowerPoint presentations on the go or you want to enjoy movies on a large screen.
2. ViewSonic PA503S Projector
The ViewSonic PA503S projector packs some serious features and could have been easily taken the first position. Weighing in at just 7.14 pounds and 4.33 by 11.57 by 8.58 inches for the length, width and height respectively, it’s clearly a small and sizable projector.
Even with these diminutive dimensions, it projects up to 300 inches at a contrast ratio of 22000:1 which is crisp and clear. At 3800 lumens of light, your audience will see clear pictures and videos even in brightly-lit rooms. These impressive lamps last for more than 15,000 hours of use without issues thanks to the SuperEco feature.
You’ll use this projector with most media players, PCs, Macs, PCs, Macs and mobile devices. It also has 1 HDMI, 2 VGA, 1 RS232, 1 video in, 1 audio in/out, 1 monitor out, and 1 USB port. This means you can connect it to just about any input you choose to.
- Measures 4.33 by 11.57 by 8.58 inches (L x W x H).
- Weighs 7.14 pounds only.
- SuperColor Technology provides a higher color accuracy than other projectors.
- 3800 lumens and 22000:1 contrast ratio translate to bright and clear images even in bright environments.
- SuperEco Mode extends the life of the lamps.
- Ultra-low 16ms input latency delivers smooth images with lots delay.
- 3D Blu-Ray ready HDMI port enables the display of 3D content.
- Vertical keystone correction (+/-40°) helps correct images that are distorted and crooked.
- Screen size up to 300 inches in size.
- 3-year limited and parts coverage.
- Has 1 HDMI, 2 VGA, 1 RS232, 1 video in, 1 audio in/out, 1 monitor out, and 1 USB port.
- Speakers could be louder.
The ViewSonic PA503S projector is one with all the features you’d want in a portable projector for all your presentations and entertainment.
3. Dr. J Professional HI-04 Mini Projector
With a weight of 3 lbs. and dimensions of 7.8 by 2.7 by 6.02 inches (L x W x H), this projector from Dr. J has one of the smallest frames for projectors. You can connect it to just about any input device from a TV box, HDMI, USB, AV, VGA, and SD among others.
It supports full 1080p HD videos and pictures although the native resolution is 1280 x 720p. The contrast ratio for your images and videos is also an impressive 3800:1. With a screen size of 170 inches, you can put up a presentation like no other.
- Measures 7.8 by 2.7 by 6.02 inches (L x W x H).
- Weighs 3 pounds.
- 3800:1 contrast ratio.
- Capable of 1080p videos and images.
- Compatible with TV boxes, Chromebooks, PCs, Macs, phones and tablets, USB drives, SD cards, media players, Blue-ray DVD players, HDMI and many others.
- Lamp life of more than 40000 hours.
- Built in speakers.
- The fan is a bit loud.
For movies and presentations, few projectors can match this one.
4. VANKYO LEISURE 3 Mini Projector, 1080p and 170” Display Supported
Next up is the VANKYO LEISURE 3 Mini Projector with native 1080p support and a 170-inch display. Powered by the MStar Advanced Color Engine, this projector provides some of the crispest images and videos we tested. It can be connected to just about any type of media player from smartphones, tablets, laptops, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Wii and many others.
The projected screen size is between 32 and 170 inches wide which is more than most presentations will need. You also get a fan noise suppression system which keeps the fan noise down even when it’s running heavy media files. With a contrast ratio of 2000:1, you’re assured of some great viewing.
- Measures 7.9 by 5.9 by 3.1 inches (L x W x H).
- Weighs 2.1 pounds.
- Native 1080p resolution.
- Usable with smartphones, tablets, laptops, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Wii, Chromecast and many others.
- Lamp life of 40000+ hours.
- Screen size up to 170 inches.
- Bag included.
- High brightness (+60%).
- The build quality isn’t very good.
For its size and features, this is a projector meant to make you a winner at the conference meeting.
5. AAXA P7 Mini Projector with Battery, Native 1080p Full HD Resolution
Next up is one of the smallest portable projectors you may ever come across. At just 1.4 pounds and measurements of 4.7 by 4.4 by 2.7 inches (L x W x H), it’ll fit in a corner of your bag and allow you pack may other items in the bag. It comes with a remote control and up to 120 inches of screen size projection.
Even with its diminutive dimensions, the AAXA P7 boasts of a 1080p High Definition resolution, a 38W rechargeable lithium ion battery which provides up to 90 minutes of runtime, and 30,000+ hour bulb runtime. It’s packed with an onboard media player with TF card and USB ports. You also get a 2W speaker onboard. Besides these, you get other ports such as HDMI, mini-VGA and Composite AV.
- Native 1080p resolution.
- Weighs 1.48 pounds and measures 4.7 by 4.4 by 2.7 inches (L x W x H).
- 38W rechargeable lithium ion battery with up to 90 minutes of runtime.
- Bulbs have a runtime of 30,000+ hours.
- Onboard media player for USB and TF card content (with included ports).
- Composite AV, mini-VGA and HDMI ports.
- Screen size up to 120 inches.
- Speakers aren’t that good.
If you want the most portable and mobile of projectors for your presentations and entertainment, this is a great option.
6. Epson PowerLite 2255U Wireless Projector
At 10.14 pounds and 14.8 by 11.5 by 4.9 inches (L x W x H), the Epson PowerLite 2255U is slightly larger and heftier than the first few entrants but still small enough to carry around with you. In fact, it can fit into any medium-sized backpack without an issue.
It has Wuxia resolution which accounts for its vivid images and videos. The bright and colorful pictures are boosted by the 15000:1 contrast ratio which makes it one of the clearest projectors on the market. The lamps can go for up to 10,000 hours on economy mode and up to 5000 hours on normal mode. Besides the usual ports such as HDMI, USB and others, you can also connect it to wireless LAN.
- Measures 14.8 by 11.5 by 4.9 inches (L x W x H).
- Weighs 10.14 pounds.
- Wuxia resolution for vivid images and videos.
- 15000:1 contrast ratio.
- Lamps can go on for at least 10000 hours.
- Connects through HDMI, USB, wireless LAN and other connections.
- The build quality is a bit shaky.
The Epson 2255U is a one-of-a-kind option with great features and affordable price to boot.
7. Optoma ML750e
Another palm-sized projector, the Optoma ML750e offers what many larger projectors aren’t able to. Weighing in at just 0.4kg and measuring 4.10 by 4.2 by 1.5 inches (L x W x H), we were amazed by its great features such as the razor sharp images and high levels of brightness.
If used for 5 hours a day, the lamps will last for more than 10 years with more than 20,000 hours of runtime guaranteed by the manufacturer. It produces 700 ANSI lumens at a 10,000:1 contrast ratio making it bright and vivid. You can connect it to just about everything from laptops to DVD players and others.
- Weighs 0.4kg.
- Measures 4.10 by 4.2 by 1.5 inches (L x W x H).
- Resolution of 1280 x 800.
- 20,000 hours of lamp life.
- Contrast ratio of 10000:1.
- Usable with most input methods (has universal I/O cable, laptops, smartphones and others).
- Brightness of 700 lumens.
- Low latency.
- Carry bag included.
- Built-in speaker.
- It’s not a full 1080p projector.
For normal presentations and movies, the lower contrast doesn’t make much of a difference for most people and this projector has what lots of people need.
What to Look for in a Projector for PowerPoint Presentations
When looking for a good portable projector for PowerPoint presentations, you should consider the following aspects:
1. Size and Weight
For portability, you need a projector that’s both small and light. The projectors on our list all fit into this category and can fit in any backpack. As long you’re not carrying around a 20-pound projector with you, you shouldn’t have an issue setting up a presentation wherever.
Basically, the brighter the projector, the better it is. This allows you to make presentations even when the ambient lighting is quite intense. Brightness is measured in lumens with about 500 lumens the minimum we can recommend.
3. Native Resolution
For the best pictures and videos in your presentation or entertainment, you’ll need the best resolution which is 1080p. You can, however, make an impressive presentation on projectors with 720p resolution since it’s not just resolution that determines the quality of the pictures and videos you present.
4. Display Technology
At the moment, the most popular display technologies for projectors are DLP (digital light processing), LCD (liquid crystal display), and LCoS (liquid crystal on silicon). Of the three, the best to the not-so-good ones are LCoS, LCD and DLP in that order. All the technologies, however, can be impressive if done well.
You should get yourself a projector that has many different ways to connect to input devices. You don’t want yourself having to apologize for why you can’t make the highly-anticipated presentation just because you didn’t carry the right input device or a cable.
6. Screen Size
A projector’s screen size is the area it can cover with the image it projects when in use. For PowerPoint presentations and movies, you’ll need a sizable screen size with a minimum of 100 inches and maximum of about 300 inches being our recommendation.
7. Warranty Length
For all products, warranties are a sign of faith the manufacturer places in their product. As such, you go for the longest warranty on the most vital parts of the projector for peace of mind.
These aspects go a long way in helping you pick on the right projector for your presentations and entertainment.
- What is the best projector for PowerPoint presentations?
The best projector for PowerPoint presentations is the VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P LED Projector. This is because it packs the right balance of features and size for the best experience.
- Why are some projectors not recommended for PPT?
Some projectors aren’t good for PPT presentations since they have low brightness and poor resolution. This means that the images will be blurred and not understood well at times.
- Do you need a projector for PowerPoint?
Yes. Projectors enable you provide large images that are easier to explain to people when it comes to PowerPoint sheets and the information they contain.
- What is the best portable projector?
Some of the best portable projectors are the Kodak Luma 350 Portable Smart Projector, the AAXA P7 Mini Projector with Battery and the Optoma ML750e.
- Are cheap LED projectors any good?
Yes and No. The answer to this is subjective and depends on factors such as the amount of resolution and brightness you want.